Fourteen Elements of the Blog
8. Search Box
Add a simple search box at the top of the post.
10. Search by Categories
Categorize your posts – Travel, Adventure, Spirituality, Religion, etc.
11. Search by Tags
- Do not use as general categories.
- Make it easy to search or find your blog.
- For consistency, use same tags all across your blog posts.
12. Search by Related Posts
Implement simple related posts plug-in.
14. Social Shares
“Don’t focus on having a great blog. Focus on producing a blog that’s great for your readers. As a blogger, everything that you do flows from understanding your audience and seeking to help them as much as possible. – Brian Clark
Other Elements of your Blog
- Should contain keywords.
- H1 = most important or the heading
- H2 = sub-heading
- H3 = sub-subheading.
Length of a Blog Post
- Our recommended length = 800-1200 words and halve that for fashion blogs.
- Opening: Body: Conclusion = 2 : 7 : 1 is our recommendation.
- Use it as a movie trailer to get them hooked.
- Should describe your post in <160 words.
Blog platform comparison chart(http://bit.ly/2cpgjqk)
How to open your blog with a bang(http://bit.ly/1I9p7pG)
What length should be your blog?(http://bit.ly/1lSdmqS)
“If you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” ―Stephen King
For lesson (5) – click here
For lesson (4) – click here