Step 4: Pick the Right Topic
“If you have a passion about the topic, then you’ll be more likely to succeed in your blogging. Don’t blog about something you don’t care about! It will only frustrate you and it will quickly die.” – Anon
Focus on what you know
Easy blogging – less text + great quality image
- Day-to-day happenings
Technical blogging – More text + solution oriented
- Data science, Bots, AI, loT
- SMAC – Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud
- Reviews, interviews, How to’s, Do’s & Dont’s, Tutorials
Other genre blogging – Niche, Expertise
- Music, Movie, Drama, Religion, Politics – (Audio, Video)
- Medical, Environment, Manufacturing, Economy – (Serious)
- Automobile, Sports, Real Estate, Stock Market – ( Gender)
“Find a system that helps you get the work done, and then use it.”– Jeff Goins, Blogger.
Understand what they want
Know what’s happening now
- Google, Tweeter, Whatsapp, You tube
What blog topics are trending?
- Buzzsumo + other tools
What are their interest & expectations?
- it is pain relief, sell dreams, hope, salvation ect.
Ask, request, poll, quiz customers & employees
- Tweeter, Facebook, linkedin, other SM
- Quora, forums, comment section of blog, intranet
Step 5: Writing Productivity
“People often ask me how am able to write several blog post in a day? My reply is simple : I stay in the zone. I eliminate all distractions and just write” – Syed Balkhi, Blogger
“Write. Avoid distraction. Plan. Set goal and schedules. Use productivity tools. Those are five ways to stay productive while writing” – Adam Clarke, Blogger
“The three main factors affecting productivity for most bloggers are their attitude, the technology they use and their attitude to change” – Neil Patel, Digital Marketer & Blogger
Things that worked for us
- Any time is a good time to write however not when the brain is tired.
- Collaborate with a friend or your editor
- start 2-3 topics simultaneously
- Take a break; Go for a long walk
- Set deadline for completing your article
If you are a gadget freak, try automation
- Record your thoughts. Playback. Write
- Try google voice-to-text software.
- Dictate to a friend or colleague
- Convert handwritten notes to text
For lesson (6) – click here
For lesson (5) – click here