Opteamize specializes in Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions that optimize educational and recruitment processes. Its cloud platform brings students and employers together, helping both to raise students’ IT skills and to match them with employers who need those skills. As a result of this innovative approach, Opteamize is the first company in India to achieve IBM Coding School status.
In the technology sector, it’s commonly felt that standard university degrees don’t equip students with the skills that today’s employers are looking for. Opteamize wants to change that by providing e-learning services that help students gain highly relevant key skills such as Android and web front-end development. We also see an opportunity to change the way the technology job market works by building a closer relationship between education and recruitment.
We envisaged a platform that would not only help students gain valuable coding skills, but would also showcase their potential to employers. By keeping track of each student’s courses, grades and projects, we would be able to build them a dynamic, searchable résumé. Employers would then be able to search these résumés and easily identify entry-level programmers with the right skills and experience to succeed at their organization.
To turn this vision into a reality, Opteamize collaborated with IBM and built a technology platform on IBM Bluemix that would be easily accessible by both students and employers across the whole of India. It also needed the flexibility to customize the platform to meet the specific needs of education partners such as universities and IT training schools.
Each year, millions of new graduates enter the job market; yet according to some estimates, 75 percent or more have difficulty finding employment. Even students who have been hired by IT companies need additional training and 'hand-holding' to make them productive. Opteamize attempts to bridge this gap through the Opteamize Platform.
Platform Goals and Objectives
- Introduce the concept of flexible learning - combination of class room teaching complemented by online coursework and follow up.
- Help students to be placed particularly those from rural towns unable to travel to major cities for learning/mentoring.
How it works
- Opteamize showcases platform to interested students (through training partners)
- Students select desired courses/modules and enroll through colleges or training partners
- Opteamize works with training partners to tailor content and coursework
- Opteamize's training partners impart classroom teaching complemented by elearning platform of Opteamize over a 2-3 month period (depends on course and module selection)
- Students’ progress is monitored and analytics deployed to motivate student to achieve better
- Opteamize works with its recruiting partners to showcase graduating students to potential employers
We are targeting 15 - 20% increase in number of placements with following benefits:
- Increase in average CTC per student
- Reduction in average time to get placed
- Right fit placement (mapping student to company)
Innovation: How different it is for other or earlier projects?
- Flipped classroom model (student reads and then comes to class to clarify doubts)
- Coding editor built for students to make it easier to learn to program
- Students get to build mobile and web apps and host it on IBM Cloud for free (till duration of course) through project wizard
- Job tracker with dynamic resume generator
Founders with 20 years’ experience in IT Industry both India and abroad; Extensive contacts in Startup Ecosystem; Program Leader of Startup Leadership Program, Chennai.
Opteamize is an IBM Business Partner and Analytics partner and India's 1st IBM Coding School. We have conducted several workshops in different colleges of Chennai, Madurai & Coimbatore.