We obviously have a blog, and your business should consider having a company blog as well. Blogs help get more eyeballs on your content, more traffic to your site, and more leads. Read on to find out more.
Note: This book is out in Amazon and you can purchase the entire book on Kindle if you wish. I will update this series on the first of every month, so be sure to check back for more. Make sure you read the previous post first.
Welcome to lesson three. In this post, we will be talking about why it is important to have a company blog.
Business Blogging for Beginners – Lesson Three (3)
“The way to write a book is to actually write a book. A pen is useful, typing is also good. Keep putting words on the page.” – Anne Enright.
16 Great Reasons to Have A Company Blog
- 23% of total internet usage time is devoted to blogs or social networks. (Source: Dream Systems Media)
- 3% of social media users read posts from people known personally. (comScore)
- 60% of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content on its site. (Content Plus)
- 81% of online consumers in the United States have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. (BlogHer)
- Small businesses said that have a company blog have a 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog. (ThinkCreative)
- 92% of companies who blog multiple times per day have acquired a customer from their blog. (HubSpot)
- Enterprises with a company blog that is updated 20 or more times/month get 5x more traffic than those who blog less than 4 times/month. (HubSpot)
- Brand engagement rises by 28% when consumers are exposed to both professional content and user-generated product video. (comSource)
- Once you write 21-54 company blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%. (TrafficGenerationCafe)
- 68% of consumers are likely to spend time reading content from a brand they are interested in. (The CMA)
- 90% of consumers find custom content useful; 78% believe that companies behind content are interested in building good relationships. (TMG Custom Media)
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links. (Hubspot)
- On average, companies that blog receive 434%more indexed pages. (HubSpot)
- 81% of companies consider their company blogs “useful,” “important,” or “critical”. (Hubspot)
- Article posting (79%) and social media excluding blogs (74%) are the most popular tactics for B2B content marketers. (Content Marketing Institute)
- 78% of chief marketing officers think custom content is the future of marketing. (Hanley-Wood Business Media)
5 Metrics to Measure Your Company Blog Status
- Inbound links
- Social media shares
Facebook, Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, SlideShare, and Instagram are all great places to promote your company blog but don’t forget meetups, forums, software review sites, or other sites where your readers congregate.
Further Reading List
Write Tribe – 20 Benefits of Daily Blogging
Roots Global – Ten Reasons to Blog
Update: Next part has been updated, so read Lesson Four.